Saturday 14 April 2012

Toshiba 19DL834B Built In Playback Freeview Yes, the noise! The infuriating noise! (and other gripes)

Toshiba 19DL834B 19
Toshiba 19DL834B 19" HD LED TV with Built-In DVD Player, USB Playback & Freeview Tuner in White

Read more...


compare prices before you buy
Yes the noise! The infuriating noise! and other gripes I just bought the same TV and have returned it the following week for the same squealing noise at 3AM problem amongst others BUT I believe the noise starts up when it is either trying to do a Channel Update search OR Software Update search. Both of these can be disabled in the menu I think they were called Standby Search and Auto Software Upgrade under Software.
3AM buzzing This might have been a good product had it not been for the fact that at 3AM when on standby the TV starts to emit a metallic buzz which is sufficiently loud to ensure you wake up. When you look at the set the stand by and LED lights are flashing green and red. The only way to get the noise to stop is to physically turn the set off at the mains hardly an ideal solution for a TV you are likely to have in your bedroom and therefore turn off by the standby button on the remote every night.I spoke to Toshiba about this and they suggested that it might be an update activity but I have manually gotten the TV to search for updates and there are no software patches required so I am bewildered what is causing this noise at the same time every morning. I have read the manual from cover to cover and searched Toshiba's website in case I am missing a feature and I have gone through all the TVs onscreen menus to see if there is something set to happen at this time every day. Given there is no solution from pursuing these avenues I can only concluded that it must be a fault and therefore I am returning the item. What is perhaps more worrying however is if you search Toshiba and buzzing there seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging across Toshiba products.
Read more...


No comments:

Toshiba 19DL834B Built In Playback Freeview Yes, the noise! The infuriating noise! (and other gripes) Post a Comment

dvd player usb Popular Posts